Seems like CNN’s Boss is not the person to take a hit from President Donald Trump. Jeff Zucker hit back at Trump and his constant attacks on the network, implying that he is comfortable going to battle with the commander-in-chief every day.
The 53-year-old head honcho also talked about how actually feels for his network to find itself so often in the president’s crosshairs.
“My job is to remind everyone that they need to stay focused doing their job,” Zucker said. “He’s trying to bully us, and we’re not going to let him intimidate us. You can’t lose your confidence and let that change the way you conduct yourselves.”
During the interview, he went on to say that the threats of violence against reporters have risen after Trump won the election last year. Trump “has caused us to have to take steps that you wouldn’t think would be necessary because of the actions of the president of the United States,” Zucker said.
The CNN boss’ comment comes at a time when the controversy surrounding Trump’s tweeting of a video that incited violence against reporters. The network even took to track down the person behind anonymous account that first created the video.
It was Reddit user ‘HanA**holeSolo’ who created a GIF that showed Trump tackling WWE owner Vince McMahon during the professional wrestling company’s Wrestlemania event in 2007. The CNN logo is superimposed over McMahon’s head.
CNN on Wednesday was even accused of “blackmailing” the person who created the original video, and the network revealed it had spoken to him and could “reveal his identity” in future.
The CNN story led to complaints from conservative figures, including Donald Trump Jr and Julian Assange, but the network and its reporter stood by the story.
please like our page for more update